Under leadership and guidance from the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting marketing strategy by driving brand awareness through effective campaigns, content creation, and strategy; providing logistical and content support for pop-up events, milestone events, industry events, etc.; performing market research; and supporting retail and wholesale promotional campaigns with design, research, and digital asset support.
This position will be headquartered within our corporate office in Harrisburg.
This position will be required to work outside core business hours including after-hours work for meetings, events, and/or customer relations including nights, weekends, and holidays. This position will require frequent travel within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and as such, the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration/insurance.
Key responsibilities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Support the Director of Marketing for projects/campaigns, serving as their representative for meetings/events as needed, following outlined guidance/direction.
- Support, coordinate and participate in community events including logistics, managing registrants, coordinating vendors, creating itineraries, and serving as a company representative and point of contact.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company, reporting notable threats.
- Support Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies including keyword optimization in content marketing projects.
- Support new product rollouts with digital assets, vendor training events, and social media promotion.
- Support the company’s social media strategy by creating and posting content, ensuring it is compliant, accurate, informative, appealing, and aligns with company goals and objectives.
- Serve as a company advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions, where appropriate, providing timely, accurate responses.
- Remain up to date with best practices as well as current and emerging trends and technologies in social media and applications.
Non-essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, business, or a related field; or comparable combination of skills and experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in corporate marketing, content management, creative writing, advertising concepts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a high ethical and professional standard, always demonstrating honesty, integrity, and behaviors in accordance with the company’s mission and vision.
- Experience identifying target audiences and proposing marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of marketing strategy and use of concepts through outreach.
- Ability to collaborate and build rapport as well as lead and influence without authority.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team to achieve company goals.
- Demonstrated experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), internet ranking for web content, social media platforms, Google Analytics, etc.
- Analytical and time-management skills including the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe suites.
- Prior experience in the cannabis industry is preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com